Setting up a promo code is useful for various marketing campaigns you may want to run based on holidays, seasons and so on. A promo code allows any customer who has the code to input it upon checkout and receive either a price or percentage discount on their purchase.
This promo code can be distributed in numerous ways, for example for newsletter subscribers, emailed to individual customers or as an advertising banner on your home page.
- In the administration panel, go to Marketing > Promotions.
- Click the + button on the right and choose Add cart promotion.
- Fill information in the General section.
- Open the Conditions tab and click the Add condition button.
- Select the Coupon code option in the opened select box. Select the equal option in the opened select box and enter the desired text in the opened input box.
- Open the Bonuses tab and click the Add bonus button.
- Select the desired option in the opened select box, then enter the desired value to the opened input box.
- Click the Save button.
Customers then use the coupon code at the checkout, on the right hand side, highlighted below.